Change, An Intentional Process – by Milo Briscoe

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ [that is, grafted in, joined to Him by faith in Him as Savior], he is a new creature [reborn and renewed by the Holy Spirit]; the old things [the previous moral and spiritual condition] have passed away. Behold, new things have come [because spiritual awakening brings a new life]. 2 Corinthians 5:17 AMP

I used to look at this verse as just a person becoming new through accepting Jesus as my Lord and Savior. But, after I spent more time meditating on it and understanding what it takes to become new, now my perspective is different.

 Change means to make (someone or something) different; alter or modify, Merriam-Webster. A synonym for change is convert. Salvation takes place instantly, but change can take a lifetime as we learn to think, Romans 12:2, and act like our Heavenly Father.

 What I realized is the change, the conversion, described in this passage speaks to something that takes time. The Amplified bible describes it as anyone being grafted in and joined to Him by faith which doesn’t happen overnight. It takes being intentional. It took a while for me to get grafted and joined to Him because I needed to renew my mind. The old things had to die off.

I have been walking with the Lord for over 25 years. As I reflect on the process of change over my walk, I think about the different areas of change, and it started with my mindset. The things that used to consume my thinking no longer do. The things I desired are no longer there. I started developing a spiritual awakening, which brought new life. I’m excited to say I am a new creature through the ministry of the Holy Spirit. The process may be uncomfortable, but that’s how we change and grow into who He designed us to be.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank You for caring for us so much that You sent Your Spirit to change us into the new creatures You designed us to be. In Jesus name. Amen

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attitude of Gratitude by Alicia Briscoe

Growth Through Patience - by Milo Briscoe