Forgiveness by Alicia Briscoe


 Fruitful Thought: Do you forgive right away? Do you ask for forgiveness when you have wronged someone? If you are are like me forgiveness is a constant process. Sometimes I am able to forgive right away sometimes I am not. Also, I have asked for forgiveness many times and probably will many more during my lifetime. The world says that to forgive but not forget or I forgive you but I am going to keep you at a distance. I adopted these sayings for most of my life. But God, when I developed a relationship with God I learned a lot about forgiveness. I learned that forgiveness is both for me and the other person involved. See forgiveness is a burden that keeps us in bondage, creates a harden heart and hinders our relationship with God. It is a stronghold and a weapon the enemy uses to cause division in our relationships. The Bible teaches us that we are redeemed through His blood, forgiveness of sins (Colossians 1:14), we are blessed when we are forgiven of our sins (Psalm 32:1), and lastly if you do not forgive someone who wronged us when we pray God will not forgive us until we forgive (Mark 11:25). So we need to follow the example of God when it comes to forgiveness. Think about how many times he forgives us over and over again. I encourage you to show God's love by forgiving yourself, others or ask for forgiveness. Remember tomorrow is not promised to anyone so do it today forgive!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God’s Greatest Gift by Alicia Briscoe

Don’t Quit, Reap Your Harvest! – by Alicia Briscoe

A Generous Mindset by Milo Briscoe