Courage...But I’m comfortable here by Milo Briscoe



Courage is the willingness to let go of the familiar.
John Maxwell

The Lord had said to Abram, “Leave your native country your relatives, and your father’s family, and go to the land that I will show you. Genesis 12:1 NLT

Wow! That took courage and faith in the One who told him to do it. Can you image being in an environment all your life and now you’re told to leave everything you know and head out without any direction?

One of the challenges in my life was stepping away from the familiar. To do something that I have never done before. This created fear because I was comfortable with where I was and with what I knew. Even the challenges that came up did not bother me because I was familiar with them. So, it wasn’t a stretch.

Here’s what I realized. God has been leading me through uncharted territory as far back as I can remember. He’s created a desire in me to go, to do, or to say something each chapter of my life. And each time, fear raised its ugly head. But, in those times I trusted God enough to move out of my comfort zone and step into the path that would cause me to grow and lead to my purpose.

“Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the making of action in spite of fear, the moving out against the resistance engendered by fear into the unknown and into the future” M. Scott Peck

Prayer: Father, as you guide me into areas of unfamiliarity, give me the courage to move in spite of fear. Call back to my remembrance how You’ve guided me in the past. Help me to realize that unfamiliarity can cultivate courage if I trust Your leading.

In Jesus Name, Amen.























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God’s Greatest Gift by Alicia Briscoe

Attitude of Gratitude by Alicia Briscoe

Don’t Quit, Reap Your Harvest! – by Alicia Briscoe