Motivation, the fuel for courage by Milo Briscoe

 “I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.” So, Abram went as the Lord had told him. Genesis 12:2-4 NIV

After God told Abram to go to a land that He would show him, He motivated him. He told Abram what He would do for him and through him. So, what was Abram’s response? He went. Motivation caused Abram to act, and I believe fueled his courage, and it does the same for us.

I remember when God first told me He wanted me to share the gospel. He showed me how He wanted me to do it, but it was different from what I was exposed to. Initially, I was apprehensive, due to fear, and discomfort.  But God motivated me by placing a mentor in my life to help me understand the call I was given.

Through the years, here’s the motivation that continues to fuel my courage; God will not call you to something that He hasn’t already given you a desire to do. He used a mentor to draw out what was already in me.

So, how is He motivating you? Do not neglect it, your courage tank my need a fill-up.  

Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank you for the various ways You motivate us to fuel our courage. Help us to recognize and embrace it to fulfill the call You have given us.

Amen.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God’s Greatest Gift by Alicia Briscoe

Attitude of Gratitude by Alicia Briscoe

Don’t Quit, Reap Your Harvest! – by Alicia Briscoe