Relationship: The Essence is Love – by Alicia Briscoe

 

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.    1 Corinthians 13:4-7 ESV                                                                     

Relationships are inevitable, we all have them.  The truth about relationships, some are healthy, and some are unhealthy.  Healthy relationships are built on a strong foundation, “Love”.  As the scripture indicates love is no easy feat.  If we are intentional in our relationships, they will thrive, and we will survive.

I found this to be true in my relationship of co-parenting with my children’s bonus mom.  This relationship started out with unhealthy love.  It was unkind, impatient, envious, boastful, arrogant, very rude, and disrespectful at times.  Let’s just say I had some growing up to do. 

As I began to know God for myself, I discovered that He is love.  Love transformed my life.  It taught me to be patient with myself and others.  I had to let go of being cordial for true kindness.  The envy and the boasting could not stay.  As I learned who I was in Him, it dissolved over time.  The arrogance and rudeness were not pleasing to God.  As I abided in Him and His word it faded, and I’m still growing in God. 

Now our relationship is not just about coparenting but, about two women who have grown to respect, love and appreciate one another.  I’m at awe at how God bonded us together and our relationship is stronger because of it. This relationship reflects the essence of love.  It taught me that all my relationships should be healthy and reflect the love of God.

Remember, God is love and our relationship should include the essence of it.

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God’s Greatest Gift by Alicia Briscoe

Don’t Quit, Reap Your Harvest! – by Alicia Briscoe

A Generous Mindset by Milo Briscoe