Relationship - God’s Love Invitation by Milo Briscoe

 This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. John 3:16 MSG

This is a popular scripture. You’ve heard it multiple times in sermons, you see on bumper stickers, and during football games behind goal posts. If you didn’t know any other scripture, you knew this one.

Lately, I’ve been meditating on relationships and, God placed this scripture in my spirit.  In particular as it pertains to my relationship with Him.  You see, most of the time when we think about that verse, we look at it from the perspective of giving, “He gave His Son”.  But, the LORD showed me a different angle that it’s an invitation.

He’s inviting us to be in relationship with Him and it’s grounded in love. It’s not like our earthly relationships, where if someone shuns our love invites we move on.  He’s persistent with it.

It’s said best in His Word.

Love is patient and kind, love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 1 Corinthians 13: 4-7 NLT

I remember the times He’s sent people to me, to tell me about how much He wanted to be in relationship with me and I didn’t want to hear it.  But, because He loved me so much and wanted that relationship, He kept sending invitations.  Thank You LORD for never giving up on me!

When we answer God’s invite, with our whole heart, our lives are never the same and it has a positive effect on every earthly relationship.

Prayer: Father, thank you for the loving invite, for Your patience, for never giving up, never losing faith, always being hopeful, that we will come into relationship with You.

Amen

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God’s Greatest Gift by Alicia Briscoe

Don’t Quit, Reap Your Harvest! – by Alicia Briscoe

A Generous Mindset by Milo Briscoe