Father, I Surrender by Milo Briscoe

 Give your burdens to the Lord, and He will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall. Psalms 55:22 NLT

Webster defines surrender as: to give up, abandon, or relinquish.

So many times, we look at the word surrender from a negative perspective.  I don’t know about you, but the first thought that comes to mind is giving up something, my rights or my ability to do what I want to do or just plain giving up.  Sometimes we can get so conditioned with this mindset it can affect our walk with God.

From God’s perspective surrendering our wants and desires for His, benefits us. Look at the first part of the verse. He’s asking us to surrender our burdens to Him. He knows the things that burden us can bring stress, cause issues in our relationships, and most importantly, separate us from Him. He also gives us a wonderful promise if we do. “He will take care of us, and He will not permit us to slip and fall”.  What a wonderful exchange.  The freedom of surrendering.

Prayer: Lord, help me to let go of the things that burden me. To give them to You in exchange for Your promises.

In Jesus name, Amen



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God’s Greatest Gift by Alicia Briscoe

Don’t Quit, Reap Your Harvest! – by Alicia Briscoe

A Generous Mindset by Milo Briscoe