Jesus, I Surrender 100% by Alicia Briscoe

 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to follow Me [as My disciple], he must deny himself [set aside selfish interests] and take up his cross [expressing a willingness to endure whatever may come] and follow Me [believing in Me, conforming to My example in living and, if need be, suffering or perhaps dying because of faith in Me]. – Matthew 16:24 AMP

 I remember when I first read this scripture, it was in my 30’s and I had had enough of how I was living life.   I cried out to God There must be more to life than this’.    I desperately wanted more out of life than what I had endured. I started my journey with Jesus with the mindset of being all in 100% no matter what. See I never do anything halfway, either I am all in or out.  I made up my mind to be all in, to give my all, to surrender myself to Jesus.

As I began my journey, I started doing somethings like going to church every time the doors were open. I would listen to the sermons like I was in a classroom, taking notes to study to prepare for a test. I noticed my interest was changing the more time I spent in getting to know God through His word. I was surrendering my ways for His. Now, I am not naïve to think that you must only surrender once or twice to God, and you are good.  It does not work that way, it is a process, a lifestyle, and a daily decision that you make in every circumstance you encounter.

We are constantly, changing and growing along with the world we reside in. The battle of living a Godly life or a worldly life is a choice we are faced with daily. Regardless of which one you choose you must give up your way and surrender to it. What are you willing to surrender? Will you surrender 100%? To whom will you surrender? These are just a few questions you can ask yourself when you are surrendering.

Remember, you are already surrendering to something or someone. Why not surrender to the one who paid the price for your life. I encourage you to follow Jesus, He will not leave you nor forsake you, and the blessings are endless. I am a witness! Pray - Lord, not my will, but Yours be done. Amen






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God’s Greatest Gift by Alicia Briscoe

Don’t Quit, Reap Your Harvest! – by Alicia Briscoe

A Generous Mindset by Milo Briscoe