Although I Fall, I Will Get UP! by Alicia Briscoe

 For the righteous falls seven times and rises again, but the wicked stumble in times of calamity. Proverbs 24:16 ESV

Persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed. 2 Corinthians1012 4:9 ESV

Has life or people ever knocked you down that you felt like you were dead? You know, one of them days where people are telling you how they feel about you or a situation and do not see their actions or their part. Well, that happen to me during Resurrection weekend. It started on Sunday with a conversation I had that left me feeling defeated, less than, and questioning my identity. The persons truth hurt my feelings and caused my emotions to run rampant. The conversation left me feeling like I got knocked out after going twelve rounds, to the point of no return. My mind began an accelerated spiral that left me numb spiritually. Although I was functioning physically, the words pierced my spirit to the point that I was crushed and perplexed for 3 days.

Now, I don’t know about you, but I don’t believe in coincidence. In this moment I felt like God wanted my attention to teach me something. I began to process the events that led to the conversation where I felt like I was dying. I found myself struggling to fight my thoughts and to press into God’s word. Every time I opened social media the content was encouraging my spirit. I was blessed to accompany my husband on a business trip. My husband’s attitude towards me was extra patient, loving, and understanding. I know God was working behind the scenes and letting me know I will rise again, and that I am not dying.  

As I continued to seek God about this moment, I learned that I was being refined (free from impurities). I believe God will allow us to endure a refining process through people and circumstances to free us from impurities. See when God gives us an assignment there are various levels we must endure and some things and/or people cannot go with us. In my case, I must get rid of the impurities in my behavior, actions, and thinking. They cannot go with me to the next level of my assignment. (that’s a whole word ya’ll)

Needless to say, Tuesday, I got up! Just like Jesus in Acts 10:40, God allowed me to raise up from my dead state on the third day. I woke up with a grateful heart and a spirit of peace. I thanked God for waking me up in a sound mind to honor and worship him. I began to meditate on his word for the day and his word for my life. I called a friend/spiritual daughter who had had a day as well and we encouraged each other. God gave me several words during our conversation that blessed us both. I rejoiced in my spirit all day long.

Remember, life and people may hit you hard and even knock you down. But you shall rise and get back up again. John 10:10 says, the thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy. But Jesus came that we may have life and have it abundantly.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God’s Greatest Gift by Alicia Briscoe

Don’t Quit, Reap Your Harvest! – by Alicia Briscoe

A Generous Mindset by Milo Briscoe