What Are You Saying? by Milo Briscoe

 Death and life are in the power of the tongue. Proverbs 18:21a AMP

The Lord wants me to keep it simple and to the point this morning.  I wrote a couple of weeks ago about resurrecting those dead areas in our lives by releasing faith through our words. As I reflected on that to prepare for this week’s blog, God asked me, “What are you saying? Are you speaking death or life?” I had to do a rewind and was surprised at what I found.

Sometimes, we can get so conditioned to react a certain way that it becomes second nature. For example, when I played back some of the words that came out of my mouth, such as, I can’t finish that in time, or I can’t get this weight off, or how about this one, I don’t’ think my relationship with my kid will ever be mended, it made me more conscientious of what I release into the atmosphere. I spoke death into situations without thinking about it. Since that time, I have purposed to watch over my words. I ask the Father to put a guard over my mouth, that I would be intentional when I speak.

Is it challenging? Yes, but well worth the work.

I believe we can do less resurrecting if we are more purposeful with our words.

Prayer: Father, we know that words have power, so we asked that You help us to be more conscientious of what we release into the atmosphere. That if it’s rooted in a heart issue, that you heal our hearts.

In Jesus Name, Amen




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God’s Greatest Gift by Alicia Briscoe

Don’t Quit, Reap Your Harvest! – by Alicia Briscoe

A Generous Mindset by Milo Briscoe