Spiritual Growth – It’s a Process by Milo Briscoe

 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. Romans 5:3-4 NLT

Growth is a process and spiritual growth is no exception. Each one requires a desire to want to grow. As I write this I am reflecting on my spiritual development over the years. It was a roller coaster ride. One minute I’m up and the next I’m down. But as I made up my mind to be intentional about my growth, the ups and downs were further apart. I also learned that the downs, or the valley experiences were an opportunity for development.

Like it says in the scripture verse, when trials come, it helps develop our endurance.  But if we have the wrong mindset, we will avoid the trials not realizing we’re hindering our growth. Spiritual maturity is recognizing that problems are an opportunity to develop our character and knowing that it takes time and being intentional.

I want to challenge you to start today. When problems and trials come, don’t avoid them, better yet embrace the growth opportunities. Over time what you will realize is that God’s Word is true, and people will notice the change before you. But know that change will come.

Prophetic Word: I speak intentional spiritual growth over everyone that reads this blog. That they will no longer see problems and trials as obstacles, but as opportunities for growth.

In Jesus name, Amen.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God’s Greatest Gift by Alicia Briscoe

Attitude of Gratitude by Alicia Briscoe

Don’t Quit, Reap Your Harvest! – by Alicia Briscoe