Free In My Identity- by Milo Briscoe

 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:31-32 NIV

When I read these verses of scripture, it made me think about the bondage I was in with my identity. From my childhood up into my adult life I looked for acceptance. In doing that, I lost my identity. The desire to fit in drove me to become a copy of someone that was popular, someone people drew to. I had created a self-impose prison of my identity.

It was not until I gave my life to Christ that the prison walls started to come down and I could see the light of freedom. I started seeing the truth of who I was, the person my Heavenly Father created me to be. More importantly, who I was in Him, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” Philippians 4:13 NKJV.

It did not happen overnight; it was a process. I had to press through years of a mindset that said I had to fit in. But once the truth sunk in, once I started believing that truth, the freedom of who I am tore down any remaining walls that kept me imprisoned. I love who I am and would not want to be anyone else. When you know the truth, God’s truth, you will be truly set free!

Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank you for Your truth that sets us free! In Jesus name.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God’s Greatest Gift by Alicia Briscoe

Attitude of Gratitude by Alicia Briscoe

Don’t Quit, Reap Your Harvest! – by Alicia Briscoe