Free In My Identity Part 2 – Milo Briscoe

 Yes, the body has many different parts, not just one part. If the foot says, “I am not a part of the body because I am not a hand,” that does not make it any less a part of the body. And if the ear says, “I am not part of the body because I am not an eye,” would that make it any less a part of the body? If the whole body were an eye, how would you hear? Or if your whole body were an ear, how would you smell anything? But our bodies have many parts, and God has put each part just where he wants it. 1 Corinthians 12:14-18 NLT

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about being free in my identity. I shared my challenges from my childhood to my adult life not knowing my who I was, emulating others I want to be. Never being free of who God created me to be.

I want to share how even as I started to discover my identity when I gave my life to Christ, I still struggled. I was saved, in church every Sunday, going to mid-week service, even active in ministry and still felt out of place. I did not know where I fit, my calling, or my purpose. I had over 30 years of being locked in a cell of needing acceptance and the freedom of that was not going to happen overnight.

As the scripture says, I was a part of a body with many parts, and I had to figure out what part I was. I saw the prominence of the hand or foot (figuratively speaking) and tried to be that, but that was not the part God called me to be. I had to be who God called me to be and know that whatever that part was, it was valuable to the body and the kingdom. It took time and the ministry of the Holy Spirit, but I am free in my identity today. I am so grateful to God for His unconditional love that would not leave me nor forsake me.

To anyone who may be struggling with who you are, whether it be poor self-esteem or like me, looking for acceptance, allow God to show you who He has called you to be. Get into His Word, spend time with Him. He is faithful. He will show you who you are in Him and that is the only acceptance that matters. You are valuable to the body of Christ, and we need your part.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank You for showing me who I am and the plan and purpose You called me to. My Identity is in You and that is the only acceptance that matters. In Jesus name, Amen.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God’s Greatest Gift by Alicia Briscoe

Attitude of Gratitude by Alicia Briscoe

Don’t Quit, Reap Your Harvest! – by Alicia Briscoe