Freedom of Choice – by Alicia Briscoe

This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the LORD is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Deuteronomy 30:19-20

 As we conclude this month’s fruitful thought on “Freedom” I believe we can all agree that freedom begins with a choice. The choices we make comes from our thoughts; how we view things and our perspective. Although we are created in the likeness and image of God our minds reflect what we exposed it to. That is why the bible says in Romans 12:2 “be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” Although we all are called to be free some of us have yet to experience a life of freedom. I believe to experience true freedom living we must renew our mind so our choices will be beneficial to us.

 Think about how many choices we make every day. We choose whether to get up or not, to work or not, what we want to eat who we are, to do right or wrong and to live by faith or flesh. Ultimately, we choose to live life or be the walking dead – just existing.

 I don’t’ know about you but when I think of making choices, I think of taking a test. I Remember taking tests in school and sometimes it would be multiple choice or true or false. I would study the notes from my teacher for the test. But the multiple choice and the true or false would be worded in a way that made me doubt that I knew which answer to choose. It is the same when making choices, we must have something or someone we can reference to choose what is right. My something is the word of God and my someone is Jesus. I believe when we have the right relationships and resources with a renewed mind our freedom of choice is beneficial to living a life of blessings oppose to curses.

 Freedom of choice comes with consequences that may be beneficial or a hinderance to you. All creation has been given the trinity, God the Father, God the son (Jesus) and God the Holy Spirit (Helper). But all have not received this gift because of freedom of choice. I encourage you to exercise your freedom of choice and choose life. Choose to live a life of blessings. Choose to have the mind of Christ.  Choose to accept your inheritance in the Kingdom of God.  Choose to break free of identity crisis and be the son or daughter of God you were created to be.  Exercise your freedom of choice by accepting Jesus and choosing life!   



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God’s Greatest Gift by Alicia Briscoe

Attitude of Gratitude by Alicia Briscoe

Don’t Quit, Reap Your Harvest! – by Alicia Briscoe