The Abundant Life – by Milo Briscoe

 I came that they may have life, and have it in abundance [to the full, till it overflows]. John 10:10b AMP.

What do you think of when you hear the word abundance? Dictionary.com states it as, an extremely plentiful or over sufficient quantity or supply. The word “abundant” in the Greek is perisson, meaning “exceedingly, very highly, beyond measure, more, superfluous, a quantity so abundant as to be considerably more than what one would expect or anticipate.”

I remember when I first read the verse of scripture, I thought Jesus was talking about Heaven. So, I thought “great, when I get to heaven, I’m going to have this abundant life.” But, as I grew in my understanding of the Word, I realized He was talking about here, on earth.

What kind of King of Kings and Lord of Lords would put His children in a place where they could not live abundantly? That is not my Heavenly Father. He tells us to “be fruitful and multiply,” Genesis 1:22.  He says, “let them have dominion”, Genesis 1:26. Does that sound like a God that wants us to just exist here? Not at all. On the contrary, it sounds like He wants us to live this life on earth to the fullest.

The Apostle Paul said, “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him” 1 Corinthians 2:9. Our heavenly Father wants to do so much for us while we are here. Give your mind permission to imagine, to start expecting the extremely plentiful, the over sufficient quantity or supply, while you are here on earth. Jesus came that we may have this type of life, let us accept His gift.

Prayer: Father, it is Your desire that we live this life abundantly. Help us to not only receive it but walk in as well. In Jesus name. Amen!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God’s Greatest Gift by Alicia Briscoe

Attitude of Gratitude by Alicia Briscoe

Don’t Quit, Reap Your Harvest! – by Alicia Briscoe