God Wants to Do a New Thing – by Milo Briscoe

 For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? Isaiah 43.19a NLT

When God says He’s doing something new, that implies that the present state is about to change. In fact, the process has already begun. You see, it’s not new to God, just us. It was already in His plans. The question is are we ready for the change? Here’s the thing, whether we are ready or not, if God says it’s coming, it’s coming. Not only is it coming, but it’s also already begun.

How do we typically respond to change? For some of us we get so comfortable with our current situation, that we either do not want to change or do not recognize when the change is taking place. Some recognize the change and get excited about it initially, but do not see it happening fast enough and throw in the towel. Others recognize it, understand that it’s a process and embrace the journey.

I remember when God spoke to me about ministry. He showed me that it was going to be different than what I was used to, and taught. For a while, I did not get on board with the idea (like the first group I mentioned). That was because I was comfortable in my status. In my mind, I could not see beyond where I was.

Little did I know the new had already begun. I would see things differently and wonder if something was wrong with me. I started asking questions. The Holy Spirit was ministering to me and challenging my thinking. A new way, of understanding God’s word was being created for me. I am still changing, and I understand it’s a part of the process. Over time, I have learned to embrace the change and it has been so rewarding.

God as begun a new thing in you. Embrace the process!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God’s Greatest Gift by Alicia Briscoe

Attitude of Gratitude by Alicia Briscoe

Don’t Quit, Reap Your Harvest! – by Alicia Briscoe