Procrastination a Harvest Killer by Milo Briscoe

 He who watches the wind [waiting for all conditions to be perfect] will not sow [seed], and he who looks at the clouds will not reap [a harvest]. Ecclesiastes 11:4 AMP

How many people do you know that are waiting for the perfect conditions before they attempt to do something? Maybe it’s you. I know I have been there before. We say, “I’ll start working-out next month when I have more time, or “I’ll start saving when I make enough money.” How about this one, “when I get myself together, I’ll give my life to Jesus.”

The next month comes, and still no time to work-out. You get an increase in salary and still don’t save. Also, if we could get ourselves together, we would not need Jesus. These are, the so called, perfect conditions. They’re really excuses to keep us from doing what we need to do (procrastinating). Procrastination will keep us from sowing, doing the work required to receive a harvest. I can say that because I was a fully vested member of the Perfect Condition/Procrastination Club. That was my go-to when I didn’t want to do the work.

Here’s what I’ve learned over the years. If I want to receive a harvest, I must put the work in. If I wait for perfect conditions, it will never happen. Yes, there are right times to do things, but if I do nothing, you will miss that also. Farmers know, to get a harvest, they must sow. That means not put it off but doing the work. Receiving a harvest requires:

·        Sowing your seed; time; money, or resources

·        Keeping the weeds out; unforgiveness, bitterness, strife, and bad company

·        Watering your seed; praise, thanksgiving, and words of faith

I want to encourage you. If God has put a dream (seed) in you, and I know he has, step-out. Don’t wait for perfect conditions. Sow your seed and expect a harvest.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God’s Greatest Gift by Alicia Briscoe

Attitude of Gratitude by Alicia Briscoe

Don’t Quit, Reap Your Harvest! – by Alicia Briscoe