A Grateful Heart by Milo Briscoe

Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim His greatness. Let the entire world know what He has done.

1 Chronicles 16:8 NLT

This scripture puts my everyday life into perspective. It helps me get back on track when I derail. Let me explain. Stuff happens every day. From the time we wake up, until we lay down for the night. Each day has its own challenges and if we’re not careful, they can consume our thoughts and influence our behavior.

This scripture is a great example of showing gratitude. It’s David giving Asaph and other Levites a song of thanksgiving to the Lord. That is the first step. Giving thanks redirects our thinking and let’s God know that we appreciate everything he has done and what He continues to do. It cultivates a heart of gratitude. As a parent, when my children show me that they’re grateful for something I’ve done for them, it blesses my heart. It also shows me how they see me. Not as a genie, but someone they appreciate and can trust in.

David also said to proclaim His greatness. Has someone ever done something for you, and you couldn’t help but to tell how wonderful they were and how much they’ve done for you? If the answer is “Yes”, then that’s how we proclaim His greatness to others. Gratitude for God should overwhelm us so much, that we can’t contain it, we must tell someone.

As I look over my life and reflect on all that God has done for me, gratitude fills my heart. Who I am, the wife that He has given me, my children and grandchildren, and the many other blessings He has bestowed upon me cannot compare to the minuscules stuff I deal with day-to-day. So, yes, I give Him thanks and I proclaim His greatness, because He is great and greatly to be praise!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God’s Greatest Gift by Alicia Briscoe

Attitude of Gratitude by Alicia Briscoe

Don’t Quit, Reap Your Harvest! – by Alicia Briscoe