The Waterer Will Never Be Dry by Milo Briscoe

 The generous soul will be made rich, and he who waters will also be watered himself. Proverbs 11:25 NKJV.

Dictionary.com definition of generosity states: readiness or liberality in giving. That says to me, being ready to give without restrictions, freely or abundantly.

What this verse says to me is, the person with a soul of generosity, meaning that inner core, the heart to give generously¸ that person will always have it to give. Here’s why, the second part of that says the waterer will be watered. So that person will always have more than enough to give.

I also believe when it talks about “being made rich,” it’s not just talking about monetarily. How about our gifts and talents. God gives us gifts and talents and I believe as we use them to benefit others, He will increase them.

Let me share an example. I have the gift of evangelism. When I initially started evangelizing, I was nervous and unsure if I could speak to people. I would go with the evangelism team but wouldn’t say anything. One day, through the influence of the Holy Spirit, I spoke-up. From that day forward, the more I allowed God to use me in that area, the more He poured in me to share. On top of that, my desire to share my faith increased. I wanted people to experience the same freedom, joy, and peace in Christ that I had.

One more example. When I was younger, I never had a desire to fix things. As I got older, I realized I had a knack for it. I started changing the oil on my car and from there, my knowledge, confidence, and desire to fix and install things grew. So much so that I started fixing and stalling small thing for people who had a need. The ability to do what I did and still do from time to time increased.

My point is, as we are generous with what God gives us, He will continue to supply us with what we need to benefit others.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God’s Greatest Gift by Alicia Briscoe

Don’t Quit, Reap Your Harvest! – by Alicia Briscoe

A Generous Mindset by Milo Briscoe